Thursday, August 1, 2013

The lasagne maddness - adventures in the kitchen vol2

Before Korean cooking I have to tell about lasagne making with Claire, the awesome Aussie. I must say that most of Aussies I have met share the sense of humor with Estonians. They are relaxed and funny and can understand sarcasm and do a lot of jokes in that category as well.
This is Claire having fun with sheep marking instruments:


But back to lasagne.  My previous knowledge about lasagne making was a notion that it's not an easy food to make, so I was a bit worried when Claire announced her lunch making idea. But she was careless as usual, because she had seen her mom to make it many times. So, she was calling to her many times for grocery list and even more just before we started to cook. Everything went according to plan, the sauce tasted delicious....
until Claire started to boil lasagne sheets. She put the whole pack in the pot and then....Houston, we have a problem! The lasagne sheets were totally stuck to each other and pretty difficult to detach in hot water with a fork. So, I took them out, and tried to do it with my bare hands made from iron...managed with some of them but they were pretty hot, so had another idea. I pored cold water on them and continued detaching quite with no success. Then we decided to let those sheets be and try with new ones, we put only half a pack of sheets into water and hoped it helps...it didn't. But I thought I will put them into cold water and start to detach there...it almost worked, some broke but we managed. I was running between 3 things - making a salad, putting new sheets in the hot water to boil and detaching the ones that were already boiled at the time when Claire was putting all the important stuff into lasagne - the sauce and cheese. But we were successful and in time. In the end we had 3 different lasagnes - vegetable one with ricotta cheese for Albert and my mom who are vegetarians, a soy milk one for Cristina who can't tolerate lactose and fully meaty and milky one for others.
The only pic I managed to make from all of it  - the meaty lasagne:

No comments:

Post a Comment